Day 1!

Hello readers! Thanks for visiting my blog about my spring at sage trip! During this trip, i will be exploring the long forgotten art in Orlando Florida. By learning the artists crafts and history, i will be able to be in their shoes and be immersed in their world. I have also been granted the opportunity to work with the animators at Disney to be able to take some workshops and talk directly to head animators for Disney studios. Now that I’ve relayed an initial backstory, here is what i did for day 1! We arrived in Florida at 6:30am on Tuesday morning, which is about 3:30am California time! So we were very tired to say the least!! We went straight from the airport to our hotel. After we were all checked in and unpacked, we went right along with the schedule for the day!! We got breakfast at the hotel, we then went to the Arts and Garden museum! This museum was so beautiful! It was a mix of contemporary and classic art! We really enjoyed our time touring there. After that we received lunch. We then went along to touring the arts district by our hotel. It is considered to be a very trendy place for art and shops. I learned a lot about the history of the district and how artists are allowed to express themselves there. After that we had a bit of downtime, so i sat at a nearby park and sketched some of the scenery around me! It was very relaxing! After the long day we had some dinner at the hotel and then we went along to our rooms to sleep. It was a very long day and we were extremely tired however we got as much done as we could! It was a great start to the trip!

Comments

  1. Hey Sierra, I think the fact that you are looking into the arts district and studying your craft is so awesome. I hope you take some amazing photos for us to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing plan! I echo Miles, please share some photos when you get the opportunity to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sierra! So excited for you to have the opportunity to engage in hands-on activities with your art study! I want to see some of the results of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sierra! Your project sounds amazing! The opportunity to work with Disney animators is super exciting and I know your artistic capabilities are more than worthy of this opportunity! Hope you have the best time and can't wait to see how things end up going!

    Best,
    Sarah and Tyler

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4!