Day 2!

Welcome back readers to another day of my spring at sage!! It is the second day of my trip and we are moving into more exciting art adventures!! To start the morning, we had breakfast at our hotel. We then returned to the arts district to be part of a morning painting class. We painted what we saw around us and it was very enjoyable! After a couple hours of that we went to have lunch in the districts. We then went along to study the art of Louis Comfort Tiffany. He is a well known artist in Florida. He is known for his glass work and paintings. His style is semi realism with expression. His art is very inspiring and is truly beautiful. We viewed his exhibit at the Morse Musuem. It was very interesting to read about his life and what inspired him. We spent many hours at this museum and it was very enjoyable! After that, i sat on the balcony of our hotel and drew what i saw. It was super relaxing and exciting to draw in a new environment. After that we went in for the night. We spent most of the day outside and walking around so we were very tired, especially with how warm and humid it is here. Well thanks for reading! Check back soon for more updates on my trip!

Comments

  1. Hey Sierra, I loved this post. I was wondering if you were interested in glass work like Louis Comfort Tiffany and was also wondering why he stood out to you as an artist? Hope you are having an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see what you painted! Sounds like you have already packed in some wonderful adventures on this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This trip sounds really great. I paint almost every week so coming from me the paint time you had sounds amazing. I was wondering what inspires your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tiffany's glass works! I didn't realize how much of his work had been copied by other studios over the years until I had a mini class in stained glass lamp design a few years ago. Maybe you will be inspired to study stained-glass work in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your morning painting class sounds so enjoyable! It's so cool that you were able to study the art of one artist, Louis Comfort Tiffany, more in depth as well as looking at the broader picture of art in Orlando as that way you see both the bigger and the more focused picture. I second Mr. Hatfield in that I would love to see what you painted!
    -Sarah & Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, I want to come hear about Louis Comfort Tiffany, what an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading this blog because I have done exactly nothing that you are doing - no art classes, never been to Orlando, no Disney knowledge - but your passion and interest is contagious and I'm so glad you're taking advantage of this opportunity. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4!