Day 3!
Hello readers and welcome back to yet another day of my spring at sage trip! It is the third day on the trip here in sunny Orlando, Florida and we are right in the midst of the unique artistic culture here! Today we awoke and then had breakfast at the hotel. We then chose to go for a morning walk around the town since the district is so historic. After that, we chose a nice area to sit at and practiced some art leaning towards to the style of Louis Comfort Tiffany, who is the artist we began to study yesterday. We were there for a couple hours and the weather was quite enjoyable. After that we had some lunch in the park and continued to draw. After lunch we returned to the Morse museum to meet with one of the historians there who have been studying Louis Comfort Tiffany's work for over 15 years! I was taught about his life and the things that a lot of people do not know about. It was extremely powerful to hear about where he started. We then had dinner and returned to our hotel room for the night. Today was our last day studying Louis Comfort Tiffany and I am sad that my study of him is over. However I am very excited to move onto our next Orlando native artist, which is Bob Ross! I am also excited to begin my Disney apprenticeship. See you tomorrow readers!
Down below is a lamp of his that I studied today, and then my drawing is down there too. I mimicked his use of color and sharp lines to achieve this floral look!
Down below is a lamp of his that I studied today, and then my drawing is down there too. I mimicked his use of color and sharp lines to achieve this floral look!
Hi Sierra, thank you for including the picture of your drawing! Great use of Tiffany's style to guide your own interpretation of his work. I am looking forward to reading about your next influence of style as you head to your Disney apprenticeship.
ReplyDeleteWow Sierra! Your drawing is really amazing. I find it so great that you were able to take inspiration from Tiffany's work, but make it totally your own. Excited to hear about the rest of your trip
ReplyDeleteSierra, this is beautiful. You are so talented! What a clever job of mimicking his color and lines. I wish I could buy a greeting card that beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWow! Both the lamp and your drawing are so visually stunning! I love how you planned your trip to focus on specific Orlando artists for day(s) at a time. I think that is super conducive to learning and I'm sure you've got to learn and experience a lot more of the culture that way. I love Bob Ross and Tyler actually got me a chia pet that I have of him as well so we are excited to hear what you learn about him or how he inspires you!
ReplyDelete- Sarah & Tyler
Hi Sierra, this was really great to read. Art is super interesting and it must have been so insightful to stay and learn about these beautiful works and artists. Sounds like a really cool experience.
ReplyDelete